Building and Sign Permits

Building Permit

A Building Permit is needed for all new construction in the City of Clovis. In most cases, a permit is also required for replacement of existing construction, additions, improvements, and remodeling. Building permits are the tool the City of Clovis uses to regulate construction to ensure it is safe for occupancy or use. This is done through the review of plans and periodic inspections to verify compliance with the California Building Code and local regulations. Contact the City of Clovis Building Department at (559) 324-2390 or CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION 

Sign Permit

If you plan on displaying a sign either outside a building or a sign intended to be visible from outside a building, you will need to obtain a Sign Permit. A Sign Permit is needed for both permanent and temporary signs such as building signs, window signs, and banners. Contact the City of Clovis Planning Department at (559) 324-2340 or CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION